100% fill-rate for a leading Iron Ore producer
SKILLED was the primary supplier of accredited and highly trained rail employees to one of Australia’s largest iron ore producers between 2004 and 2010. We achieved a 100% fill-rate on all orders and with a peak labour workforce of 130 drivers and maintained a high driver retention rate of 85%.
As part of an overall operational and labour review, SKILLED was asked to help transition all existing labour hire employees to permanent, full-time positions in the first half of 2010.
To support our client’s growth plans to support a production increase of about 350m tonnes per annum over the following two to three years, a new labour supply contract and strategic alliance was planned and executed.
Recruitment is managed by SKILLED Rail Resource Centre in Perth, with the workforce recruited from across Australia on a Fly-In Fly-Out (FIFO), two weeks on, two weeks off roster.
The Rail Resource Centre is responsible for:
- Recruitment, interviews and induction
- Conducting medical and ongoing health assessments
- Coordination of FIFO and accommodation arrangements
- Management of employee safety and general wellbeing and
- Delivery of any training as required and or requested through our specialised RTO training unit located in Perth
SKILLED achieved a 100% fill rate on all orders received with a peak labour workforce of 130 drivers. Driver retention was at a rolling monthly average of 85% with average tenure of 20 months.
Read more case studies that demonstrate why clients choose SKILLED.