Labour hire services for a retail giant
In late 2010, a leading health and beauty retailer invited SKILLED to participate in a tender for the provision of labour hire services to their Distribution Centre (DC) in Dandenong South.
The DC employed approximately 160 temporary employees through four separate labour hire providers. Employees are required to be experienced in stores-related tasks and responsibilities and must be licensed to operate materials handling equipment (where applicable).
Other client requirements required of labour hire service providers include:
- Providing regular group site inductions
- Ensuring a strong safety culture is maintained and promoted on site
- Managing appropriate PPE
- Roster management
- Employee performance management
- Maintaining a regular on-site presence
Our understanding of the business was developed through comprehensive discussions with key personnel on site and through these conversations we were able to develop an appreciation of site issues and their day-to-day labour force management activities.
In response to this, we presented a detailed presentation highlighting to our client that by accessing the comprehensive resources of SKILLED they were able to:
- Reduce the number of suppliers on site from four down to one
- Reduce the complexity of labour management
- Reduce the costs of doing business
- Reduce administration associated with the payroll/invoice process
- Improve the efficiency of labour responsiveness
- Improve roster management
- Improve coverage across shift times
- Improve their ability to “tap” into labour market demographics and specific cohorts
- Enable their core staff to focus on their business, allowing the labour supplier to completely manage the contingent labour resources
- Oversee a seamless transition of all 120 employees within a three week period
SKILLED delivered a 100% successful transition to a sole supplier model with our client benefitting from the automation of their timesheet, payroll and invoice management processes resulting in significant cost-savings for their business.
“Based upon their excellent presentation, I expected SKILLED to deliver a good service, however I did not expect the multiple benefits which have come through this period of change to one labour supplier. I would recommend SKILLED to any business that is seeking to simplify and improve their labour supply arrangements.” – Melbourne Distribution Centre Manager
Read more case studies that demonstrate why clients choose SKILLED.