Our OHS Policy
Occupational Health and Safety Policy
Programmed Maintenance Services OHS Policy (PDF 202 KB)
SKILLED, as a part of Programmed is committed to the prevention of incidents and injuries, and protecting the health and safety of all persons in the workplace. SKILLED Group demonstrates this commitment through the following objectives:
Identifying, monitoring and complying with all applicable health and safety laws, regulations, codes of practice, standards and other requirements applicable to SKILLED Group.
- Implementing effective risk management systems which are relevant and suitable for the organisation’s risk exposure.
- Ensuring all personnel remain directly responsible and accountable for their health, safety and welfare as well as that of other stakeholders, and that adequate resources are provided to assist in this cause.
- Providing appropriate health and safety training, instruction and supervision to all relevant persons.
- Maintaining relevant and continually improved policies, procedures, systems, information, training, recognition programs, and organisational structures to support and communicate effective health and safety practices throughout the Group.
- Utilising appropriate internal and/or external expertise, when required, in all related activities.
- Establishing measurable targets and objectives to improve health and safety performance.
- Ensuring ongoing monitoring and review of health and safety performance and the OHSMS.
- Facilitating consultation activities with all personnel and their representatives to ensure that all stakeholders are actively involved in decision making processes which impact on their health and safety.
- Effectively disseminating health and safety information to all persons in the workplace.
- Maintaining a positive safety culture by encouraging active participation, consultation and cooperation of executive management, all employees, contractors and visitors.
- Actively responding to, and investigating all incidents.
SKILLED Group will implement and maintain these systems inclusive of policies and procedures. These objectives will be monitored regularly to ensure their integrity and effectiveness to facilitate continuous improvement.